Wednesday, November 9, 2016

In the stillness of the mourning...

For weeks I have felt it but in the past few days it has become a constant.
It is that cold prickly feeling at the back of your neck, creeping into your ears, and giving your vision a stark unnatural clarity: fear.

It is the shadow of dawn starting in the dewy fields rolling with fog... a stillness of battle up and coming.

Perhaps it is sleep deprivation (God only knows how little I sleep!), perhaps it's the hormones, or motherly instinct... or maybe it is a spiritual warning, but I feel in my soul a cautioning, nay, a genuine fear.

Considering this election I am utterly dismayed at the depravity of the human soul. Voices accusing  racism and hate as they hurt, terrify, and belittle the people they hate... how can they be so blind? It is not an easy thing to be the one who sees in a crowd of rampaging blind people angry at you for seeing; I wonder anew at the travesty Jesus endured to be our Savior when alls I am is a believer looking from afar at the difficulties and I suffer for it.

There is hope none the less.

I am thinking tonight of the Israelites whilst they were slaves in Egypt. They bore their children into slavery, knowingly bringing them into a hurtful and hateful world,  not  knowing when, where, how, or if they would have a rescuer. How could they bear it? Knowing the pain their children would endure, the fear, the struggles... but bear it they did. Moreover, they diligently taught their children faith and continued to live life fully until even Pharaoh noticed and was fearful of their prosperity.

Can I?

Will I...

Gather your arms, to battle!

Pray without ceasing... Lord that I would be faithful.

Cheers,

No comments: