Saturday, May 7, 2011

And then a calm sigh...

Tired.
Exhausted rather, but not anxious and feeling the relief of reaching the end of a stressful day.

It confuses me as to why it felt so stressful... I don't think I'm stressed, there is just a lot going on.

I suppose I should start with where I left off last week...
Last week was stressful and terrible. Margo had a horrible two year old attitude and I was pushed to the limit... husband was also selfish and his friends wanted to hang out with him since he was leaving soon so pretty much every night we either had people at our house or he was out at theirs and we went several terrible two's days with seeing him less than an hour in the entire 24 (though for some of that we were already asleep when he came home or he was sleeping in the morning when we were awake, not that he was gone all 24).

But then came Monday.
And Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday... A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! We had 4 amazing, incredible family days of great memories, quiet moments and just enjoying life as a family. Husband had them off and didn't have to work which was also helpful, though we were getting ready for the upcoming busy weekend.
Thursday went by in a haze; it was our last day with husband. He ran errands in the morning while some girls from church helped me pack up our house and when he came home he was loaded with beautiful bouquets, chocolates and a massage for mommy at a nice salon. (It wasn't even my mother's day gift; that was chocolate, new boots, and a seafood dinner the Sunday before this.) After that we stayed up til almost 2am talking, packing, etc. when unfortunately Margo woke up and stayed up til 4am keeping mommy up too. :/
Husband left at 6am on Friday to start training. Margo and I slept in for another hour and a half which made a grand total of about 3 1/2 hours of sleep for momma. A day of packing, another night of bad sleep, and then today friends from church and some of my family helped me move an hour away to my parents house.

So here we are now. Mimi (grandma) just gave Margo a bath and I am comfortably resting and selfishly typing away while my parents work on getting my room live-able. :) The next few weeks hold a garage sale, running back to my house to prepare it for the people who are going to stay there for the year we'll be living with my parents, and generally settling into a daddy-less life as well as prepare for the new baby! Deployment starts the 24th of May and hopefully he'll have two days at the end of his two week training before deployment starts to hang out with us but its not looking promising right now.

BTW- Monday night we picked out a name! It was on a trip Daddy and I took alone to the library (so he could carry my books for me!) and getting some burgers for dinner after the three of us spent the day at a bouncey house playing together. We're not keeping it super secret, but because I have to wait to see her I 'm going to make you wait to know her name. :)

Anyway, thanks for prayers! I know it had to be God's grace and peace this past week making it a fantastic farewell to husband.

2 comments:

martha said...

Oh Beth, this post totally made me cry! I have been thinking of you and praying for you a lot. this last week! I don't know how you can do it? You or Keven? It's got to be God I guess. Anyway thank you for sharing your week and feelings with us. Love you girl!

Cassie Deputie said...

Super encouraged by you and praying for you!