At least that's what I tell my toddler.
Currently (at 7pm last night) she is screaming, big tears making her eyes look bigger and her eyelashes longer... I wonder why that doesn't happen when I cry; somehow I look less attractive but she looks more adorable in a heart wrenching way.
She doesn't want to eat. She has eaten 5 shreds of cheese (equivalent to about 1/4 teaspoon), I want her to take one bite of dinner before releasing her. ONE bite.
So we sit here.
We used to do the corner but just now she looked at that as freedom from her chair, so now we sit. I've prayed with her and told her Jesus can help her eat her food. I've held her hand and told her Momma can help her eat. I've disciplined when she starts screaming, I've offered rewards if she'll eat.
But then I realized, there comes a time in a person's life when they can no longer pray about it, you can no longer hold their hand and help, there comes a time when they just need to DO.
Wow toddlers sure do have a knack for driving you to the crazy... and to Jesus. :) Guess kids really are a gift from God. Though I rather like to think so when she is adorable and we're playing and giggling or when she has learned a new word like "grahaopper" in her own cute language rather than when she has driven me to exasperation...
Speaking of, the other is at her colicky time of night and has started screaming too.
:) Life is good, but now you know why there are very few blogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment