Saturday, March 24, 2012

Quick Update

No, husband is not home.
He was diagnosed with papilledema in his left eye so he will be staying on base a month or so to clear it up. At this rate the soldiers he left in Kuwait might be back before he is... he is a bit depressed about it but we are thankful he has a reason for his headaches!

I might know more next week, I might not.
Trying to be encouraging and keep him in prayer and thought... really I am thankful life is going back to a normal before he comes home and I feel a little awful for that. Normal doesn't include him anymore and it sounds like a lot of work to make changes... but that is only in the moment. After the moment passes I remember being alone at night and the girls needing a Daddy and how great life is having him home... and most importantly how great it will be for HIM when he finally gets home.

Life is busy, crazy, and last minute.
I am working on adjusting.

4 comments:

Cassie Deputie said...

Been praying for you Beth!
Praise God he's stateside!! :)

Uriel said...

So they expect the papilledema to clear up within a month? If so that's good news! Any idea what caused it?

E. Chikeles said...

I'm not sure if they expect it to clear up in a month- but there is a chance he could finish treatment here.

I'm not sure what caused it since a bomb going off under your vehicle isn't listed as a cause on Wikipedia, but I think that's what they are attributing it to. At least that's what the paperwork is saying. ;)

rebekah said...

hoping and praying for a quick recovery and quick trip home. AWS!