The wildlife does not contemplate their worth, they just are...they wake to exist. The sun and moon rise and set in the knowledge of Who made them; it is like a worship ceremony unfolding before me.
Today let me not think of the struggles, not think of how much I messed up yesterday, not dwell on how incapable I am of doing better tomorrow... Let me just be a part of the ceremony of worship, waking to exist in Your light! Waking to just be... Be in You, praising you every moment, at the very least, for the peace in my heart.
For the hope of heaven.
For every breath I breathe.
But then, those two are hard, so let me just be Lord... Let me dwell in your mercies that are new every morning and how fresh and new they feel now!
"May all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness in You. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, "the Lord is great!" As for me since I am poor and needy let The Lord continually keep me in His thoughts. You are my helper and my savior. O God, do not delay."
Psalms 40:15-16
(An excerpt from writings at a women's retreat... I slept only a little because I was nauseous and puking, but thankfully I didn't get anyone else sick, stuck it out and was blessed. No, I am not pregnant... this was months ago)
No comments:
Post a Comment