Thursday, October 16, 2014

Deployment

One of the incomparable beauties of deployment was the joy of receiving something from the deployed- a letter, a call, an email... you treasure the words, your heart beats a little faster, and you smile through your tears to read or hear they are all right; to know love again though it's strained and far away from your own heart.

In my experience I didn't know what it was like until I went through it. It's not the same when husband is gone on a trip now as when he was in another country possibly getting hurt; possibly fighting an unseen enemy who doesn't fight fair.


Today I read:
   "Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love."(Rom, 16:13-14)


I already know being brave isn't not being afraid, it's doing the right thing and what needs to be done despite fear.... though that sounds a lot like courageous.
Be strong... stand fast... love.

Those words are SO encouraging, but why? Because they are sent with love.

Then I was thankful for deployment in a new way- dude, we're deployed! We are soldiers in a foreign land and the Lord is waiting for us at home, sending us encouraging letters full of LOVE. His heart is written in those words (in a way I can know having been the one at home writing my heart into every word)... His love is laced into every letter.

'Watch soldier! Stand fast in what will save you! Be brave, stand up to your fears! Be strong! Let all that you do be done with love!' 

Can't you see the emotion oozing from each sentence? Though there is more than one word they all say the same thing: I love you! I love you! I love you! 


Now you may say Paul wrote these words and so he did as these keys I am pressing wrote this very blog and not myself (if you believe the instrument is the writer)... NO; God wrote them. They are living and active. His heart beats through them.


How encouraged I am to feel His love today.

Dear soldier take a rest from the trenches you've been muddied by; take a rest from the weary travel with all your burdens (for a soldier carries a LOT of gear); take up your letter from home and let your heart be encouraged today by the Love that is written there for YOU!


1 comment:

KaiCeder said...

Do you know how much I love you, Bethy-boo? Do you know how glad I am to call you my sister in Christ? Do you know how this makes me feel as your mother to read these well written words that speak to my soul and testify of our common faith? If you don't, you should.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful blog.