Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Moses Day

This post is not about a miraculous red sea parting moment, nor of God meeting me in a burning bush scenario, but it is about knowing truth, doubting, failing, and trying again as Moses often did in his 120 years. (^_^) You've been disclaimer-ed.


Last year I started attending BSF and this year they are going through 'The Life of Moses'. I highly recommend finding a study in your area; the Word of God does not return void and they teach the Word.

Growing times. And pains...

This week the lecture was on Exodus 5 & 6 (speaking of pain) and while listening I started to think applicationly (which may or may not be a made up word, either way a risky business) of the scripture we were reading.

It went like this...

Am I calling out to God first...

    When... someone above me could fix it?
                 (as the foremen went to Pharaoh instead of God first)

    When... there is someone else to complain to?
                 (as they then complained to Moses and Aaron)

    When... someone is guilty of causing hurt and harm?
                  (they reaped the negative affects of Moses' obedience to God)


You see, I went to BSF angry at my husband, hurt by a friend, and exhausted physically and emotionally from the both of them. These questions applied directly to my situations and I was acting like the foremen: not going to God.

Following these revelations I promptly spoke angrily to my children, lost my temper and yelled (saying a few naughty things too like "put your freaking bike into the garage!"), swore at my husband, and failed miserably.
It was a horrible day.


Praise God His Grace is sufficient! Somedays it takes a leap of faith to believe that.


Thankfully yesterday ended and my children (who have been overly defiant and argumentative lately)  have, today, seen less of the angry Mommy and we've even talked about mommy asking God for help because He never leaves us.

My husband forgave me (though he never said it) and apologized for being selfish this week by helping me wash dishes and watching a movie in the basement instead of in our bed after 11pm. It may not sound like much, but standing shoulder to shoulder working together on the daunting mount everest pile of daily dishes was extremely romantic (How come they never do THAT in disney movies?) and for him to sacrifice falling asleep to a movie to let me fall asleep is an outright act of love, too.

As for my friend... she is perhaps avoiding me and may never see how her (she says) 'disobedience' hurt the people around her as much as our reactions to her change of heart and (she says) 'obedience' hurt her. Still, I have confidence time and the Spirit can heal wounds and friendships.
Women! Even in Philippians Paul tries to quell a cat fight... I guess it's how we work.


And me... well I'm trying but man it sure seems harder this week to do what is right! When I asked my daughter why she is having SUCH a hard time doing what mommy tells her to do she said "because it isn't fun!"; ain't that the truth some days.


Cheers to reaping joy instead of fun and calling out to the I AM first.



1 comment:

KaiCeder said...

This wouldn't let me post a comment when I read it last week. Anyway, I love when you write. You paint a picture that I can see and relate to (except some of the grammar ;oD).