Monday, June 1, 2015

"Safety Is Better"

I was scrolling through the notes on my phone today and I found the following note. I'm pretty sure it's my thoughts combined with, or perhaps mostly, direct quotes from a sermon I was listening to at the time based out of Hebrews 1:1-3. (I found the sermon and you can listen to it here)



Safety is Better
What IS BETTER? Are we to live for difficulty or strive for comfort?

CAN I, is it even possible, for me to embrace hardship and throw away comfort... I don't know.

It's a choice; and once I know the truth if I don't choose it than that is sin to me... and if I fall down I will be righteous for getting up even after falling over and over... What is the better choice, not the safe and good choice, but the better choice in the light of eternity?

Safe for whom? I can't just think of myself, is it right for me to risk my kids or what belongs to them? Would it be better to show them giving it all than to hold back?

There is a war of lifestyles in my life; I have to pick one.

Jesus DID say no to his own wants and desires and himself. Why doesn't His story and His sacrifice inspire me to do what HE did? Well yeah, He IS Jesus and I am just me, I don't have that power... But I do and I should
So how do I grasp that, just moment by moment choice? I wonder if I can or if I need to look at it as an "I can't but He can"... 
Seems so cliche and without power but it should have power... all things are possible through Him.



I know it's a bit random, they are notes after all and this is but a blog compiling my random thoughts.

Cheers to cheerfully submitting to difficulty for Jesus! As for me, I think I'm going to have to listen to that sermon again.




No comments: