I feel a bit like that.
Yesterday was a pretty good day. I woke up sick and went to work and had to bake bread which made me even more queasy but when I came home the day got steadily better starting with a long talk with a friend followed by a two hour nap. I wanted to write and tell you how happy the week became after my beginning of the week dilemma, but I didn't have time...
And then today things got worser.
I went to work and the managers started fighting with only me in the kitchen to moderate... the air suddenly became unbreathable with a heavy layer of tension and anger. Being my mother's daughter and seeing injustice being done to one coworker by the other but not wanting to make things worse it was very hard but I kept my tongue! Following that, already feeling a bit emotionally strained, we were informed the owner decided today that we will be open Thanksgiving and Christmas weekend. Two weeks before Thanksgiving we suddenly have to work the day after... none of us can remember working last year though they say there are "numbers" to prove we did. Besides that, we get no holiday pay. Just screwed over.
Perhaps it is needless to say, but because I am a hot head I blew up. I apologized, but I really really want to quit my job! Again! I hate quitting but I have hated this job more then I've been able to just stand it. ugh.
So... I blew up at work and feel like a dope christian, I am being screwed over not completely unfairly- they have a right to keep their business open- but rudely, and my house is a mess.
I think I need to go read my Bible. Thanksgiving is my favorite time of year, it is really depressing me that I will not be able to hang with my family for the weekend we planned unless I quit my job.
Sometimes the world is just worser.
2 comments:
So, I tried to comment yesterday but your space went all weird on me. Basically I said that you need to quit that job. They've been treating you poorly for a long time and quitting is a word we use to explain the end of something, but in fact it may just be moving on. You've been a good and faithful worker for them for quite a while and they've kind of trampled you for awhile. Move on, Beth. Move on.
I recall them saying that they would be flexible with your schedule, and how that was originally one of your main reasons for working there. It seems their attitude has gotten worser - enough that I would have to agree with your mom.
Calm dissent is better than blowing up, it forces the other people to freak out instead. But this, I'm sure, you already knew, and doesn't help so much now that it's done.
Post a Comment