Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Change of Pace

 I have 20 minutes until I need to start my laundry. 

 
Today is one of those days when I feel happy and aware to life differently. Do you ever feel as if your senses are keen into your thoughts? I was looking through my photos to find a happy one to put up here... pictures of my honeymoon popped up and the memories played in fast forward through my brain, but I also remembered the smell of Autumn as if I were there and felt the coolness on my face as the wind blew, as well as the sweat under my jacket as the sun warmed me in the typical cold/hot contrast day of autumn. 
Moving onto a picture of The Book & Bean Cafe I smelled the coffee I miss so much and remember the feel of the tiles under my feet as I stood making latte art.

 How odd to remember memories in senses, as if they lived. I wonder in heaven if our lives will live like God, outside of time, and we can visit memories at anytime? I sure hope not... and actually I think not. All memories are tainted by sin because we are sinful, so now that I think about it I do not think they will be in heaven. For better.




Here is some encouragement from my new favorite Psalm:

Exerts from Psalm 37 (with some commentary.)

Do not fret because of evildoers, 
nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
For they shall soon be cut down
like the grass, 
And wither as the green herb.

Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on
His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the 
Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
   (though ((I must remind myself)) it is easy to focus on the desires of your heart being granted when that verse has a completely different meaning. In a way, when you delight yourself in God your desires become His or rather His desires become yours. Sometimes that verse makes me ponder my ways and His... how silly we are to assume the latter and how coy of God to put it in a way that our selfish hearts would grab onto, but which really means something else. Truly we can be 'children' of God.)

Commit you way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your
righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.
   (Sigh, I believe You Lord yet my heart wants justice for the ones I love now and I struggle to see this and leave it to You. What is "it" that will be brought to pass anyway?)

   (And now the kicker, my favorite part so far... though I have not gotten very far past it because I have such a hard time remembering to do it... yet it is encouraging)

Rest in the Lord,
and wait patiently for Him;
Fo not fret because of him who 
prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings 
wicked schemes to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake
wrath;
Do not fret- it only causes harm.


-For more visit your local Bible, in the middle, Psalm 37.



2 comments:

Uriel said...

I remember when I was a teenager my brother and I nostalgically thought of "heaven" as being able to relive memories timelessly, it wasn't until I became a christian that I realized how hellish that would be on its own.
Although, I kind of agree with C.S. Lewis' take that heaven will be retroactive, that FROM heaven we will be able to look back on the past and see heaven in it i.e., God's working on/in/through us to bring us to completion.

KaiCeder said...

For some reason when I go to your blog it first goes to your older post and I have to search for this one. It's weird. Did you change any of your settings?

Loved the blog.