Friday, January 16, 2009

Husbands Trip

Yesterday husband was notified that he would be going to Virginia for a week to help with crowd control at the inauguration. Its ironic to say the least, if there could be someone any more republican than my husband I have yet to meet them. Still, it is exciting to be a part of history and for that I am happy he gets to be there.

I feel as though there are two warring persons in me- one who is a strong woman and can quietly keep the house til her husband returns, supporting his career and happy for him because he gets this opportunity; while the other is a selfish immature being who lets her feelings for her husband make her miserable when he is away, she has every right to be lonely and cry but somehow I feel she is not worth my time.

I also feel as though God has given me peace about it. I cried a little when I first heard, it is sort of a shock to read "deployment" on any letter and especially one giving you only 24 hours notice, but then when I heard is was only the faraway state of Virginia and for a week (though that still seems big to me!) I tried to keep my spirits up and didn't cry at all today. There is hope for that first woman I think, I really pray she can acknowledge the feelings of the second and still persevere.

3 comments:

KaiCeder said...

Good girl.

Uriel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uriel said...

I was praying for Kevin tonight when I was out on patrol. Funny, his picture on your blog site looks happier to me now.
Sorry he's gone, that's got to be hard on you. I'll try and remember to pray for both of you.
And it will definitely be an experience to tell your kids about, especially if Obama turns out to be the antichrist after all :-).