Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

(Maggie making her scrunched nose sniffle face... she does it to be cute and it is puppies and rainbows uuber cute in person!)

My second Mother's Day, but the first with a baby in hand. :) For some reason I had thought Mother's Day was a day for mom to be lax and have a day off... what a silly notion! Isn't that the very antithesis of the celebration?

So... my Mother's Day started out with me sleeping in til 5:36am when Margo got up (she usually gets up a little before or after 5), making banana frittata's (which turned out to be very much like pancakes) and smoothies for everyone for breakfast, changing diapers, getting husband out of bed, getting baby and myself ready for church, taking the dog out and feeding him breakfast, and doing ministry at church. Pretty typical Sunday morning!

Margo and Daddy got me a book (though Daddy let Margo pick it out and my dear little 10 month old picked out a picture book that will be hers anyway :) ) and daisies for Mother's Day and after church we got lunch at Pacific Wok; I like asian or seafood if we're going to eat out and husband likes mexican so it was a special treat from him.

All in all I think I've learned a thing or two about what Mother's Day is all about... being a mom is a lot of work- 24/7/365, little sleep (at least now when we have barely a week of normalcy before another tooth starts coming in...), much laundry, cleaning the same rooms many times over in one day, patience, creativity, consistency and the ability to be flexible, but most of all it takes lots of prayer and will- to be molded and lead by the Lord and to stick to it! Its a hard job... and I love it!! Though I do think lately it has been getting harder as my dear little beauty grows a will of her own and has learned a screaming arching your back tantrum is a way to show your will... discipline and redirection is hard! Especially on the nerves :-\.

Anyway, hope your Mother's Day was amazing!




(BTW my daughter is sooooo cute! And super smart... just now she was playing with pots and pans but not smashing, she likes to put the top on and off or put a spoon in and out of the pot. She started throwing the top when she realized if she threw it the right way it would spin on the floor. haha! But I know I'm biased and it probably wasn't cute to you at all.)

2 comments:

KaiCeder said...

It was cute to me!

brandyivy said...

Maggie sounds adorable! Miss you guys.