Friday, December 9, 2011

Second Romance.

So my Dad the other day was talking about Adam and Jesus being the second Adam. He based his theories off of 1 Corinthians 15 (as far as I can remember) and posed Jesus as a second Adam, the first born of man this side of the cross. He asked, did Jesus choose to become sin for us? The answer was of course yes. So then the next question was, did Adam choose to eat the fruit and become sin as well? The answer was of course, yes to the first part but I had to think of the second part.

"And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result." 1 Tim. 2:14

It was a sinless world, with a sinless man, and I have rarely thought of Adam choosing to eat the fruit because he saw his wife was deceived and he wanted to take on the sin as her protector. He possibly knew full well God would save them because he knew God's love... he possibly didn't want his wife to go down alone.

After that, the whole blame thing and running from God is all in sin because sin had come when they ate the fruit and the sin often dwarfs the sinless part of the story.

How romantic to think of it that way; the second greatest romance after God loving Adam and Eve.
I recently had a discussion about Perelandra by C.S. Lewis but I have to admit, its been over a decade since I last read that book and I hardly remember it though I know its nearly about this same idea. One of these days I'll start reading again... and I highly recommend that book even if I hardly remember it.

No comments: