Sunday, January 22, 2012

Roe VS Wade

Sometimes I look at the things my friends post on facebook and I wonder how we are friends. There is an eery still coldness that enters my chest making it feel like a wasteland much wider and more empty than the average woman sized mix of organs, bone, skin and fat.

I look at their faces and think there is no way we are on the same team, loving the same God.

At that moment I picture a battle ground, we are the soldiers, and they have been wooed by the enemy. The ENEMY! They are telling me he is not that bad, a rather nice ol' chap, a real jolly fellow with the very best of intentions, while his gun is pointed at my head. Only, its not just a picture in my head; sometimes I wish we still took swords and clubs to each other rather than words and politics.

So it is that I am horrified to discover how many of my friends support a woman's right to choose.
Choose ye women- does the life inside you die or live? Will you murder a soul because the timing isn't right? Seriously how many female serial killers would we have if it wasn't legal to kill babies?
I am so glad I am a simple stupid girl. So, so glad.
The smart people will tell you there is more to it but to me it is a simple life and death kind of thing, being that the killing of an innocent person who is unable to defend themselves is an heinous act that should be stopped by those who are able to protect that life.

Another thing- how is it a man killing a pregnant woman can (and will) be charged with a double homicide but a doctor can legally kill a "fetus" that has viability potential and not be charged with anything?

I don't know how so many smart people got to be so stupid.

1 comment: