Friday, January 20, 2012

Waiting.

What I have to wake up to every morning! We always spend the first half hour tickling and giggling and singing. :)




I'll give you one guess at the hardest part of deployment.
oh, you need a hint?
Still can't get it?
...
It's waiting. BAM.

Waiting for dates to come and go.
Waiting for rumors to pass...
Waiting for real information.
Discovering you really do have to wait for the end of deployment.
Waiting to find out if you have to wait longer.

Waiting for husband to be online.
Waiting for husband to contact us.
Trying to get everyone happy for him to see smiles when he does finally contact us, which is hard because we've been waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting to see God's hand work miracles in stubborn lives.
Discovering there are better ways to wait... like in prayer.
Trying to be patient while you wait on the Lord.

I could go on.
Mostly I really enjoy life right now, really, but thats when I put husband in the back corner of my mind. When I choose to pray for him, remember him and bring him up with Margaret, make myself available in case today he has time to contact us... it gets stressful.
We miss him, but sometimes its just easier to pretend we're not waiting.


1 comment:

rebekah said...

you and your babies are so cute! hang in there dear. waiting...waiting...waiting will eventually lead to something. the big, very good something. that's what i keep telling myself. xoxo!