Monday, August 11, 2014

A Plea

Oh God I feel like glass. No flesh to be bruised, no bones to break and heal... just glass that shatters when hit.

I should be protected, a rib under the arm of a strong courageous man, but he has turned away and they accepted his surrender. As for me... they turn his heart against me and they let their rocks fly in my direction.

Make me an impenetrable fortress, unobserving of insults and offenses. Who can offend me but You? And you do not offend...

No, only good comes from You to those who love You, and I do love You; so help me with the impossible! Make me what I am not!

Where there is glass put armor... I will do my best to obey.

The Lord saves and He is mighty.
When I was left in the gauntlet He calmed my pounding heart; He gave me hope for a future in a hopeless situation.

The Lord saves... come now Lord!




No, it is not a poem. Probably not even original though I write from the heart and spur of the emotion.
People are horrid. Even when it's not life or death... something is always living or dying: marriage, hope, love... we all have our crosses.

My hope is in the God who saves and through whom all things are possible. There is life in that.

No comments: