Humans have a lot of fear and fear makes us do many things.
We are afraid of things we can't control... so we try to control them.
We are afraid of things we don't understand... so we invent and adopt, only, those ideas we can understand.
We cannot control others... so we lash out and threaten, brandishing our fear as a whip until we have a following of obedient slaves, who cower under us who are bolstered by fear, and make sure to villianize those who don't submit.
Disgusting.
Yet, though I find myself realizing the fear of others that obviously drives them to bad behavior, this week I was surprised to find myself doing the very same thing. Nay, even in reaction to the realization that it was their fear driving them to meanness I, in turn, lashed out in meanness because their fear scares me!
Humbled is a quiet place to be.
So today I am taking quiet moments to evaluate my motives and my responses.
Fear is not found in 1 Corinthians 13 because fear has no place in love... perfect love drives out fear. It follows there is only one way to love perfectly and that is to know the only Perfect Love.
So, cheers! To more of Him and His Word... may His perfect love cast out fear and make us lights in this dark and fearful world.
1 comment:
Good thoughts.
Post a Comment