Saturday, July 19, 2008

A la la la la la....

I am antsy. Perhaps because I have not done much more then eat icecream and watch movies all day... well I suppose it is a day off and I did work out, go to Target, clean the house and random other stuff... but most of the day was spent doing nothing but wallowing in thought. 

In other news, Murphy had her baby!! But everyone who reads this blog already knows how I feel about that. Perhaps that is one reason I feel antsy... my friend just had a baby, a baby! When I look at the pictures it is a hard thing for me to grasp that a new family has really been born; that a new soul was brought to life and a new personality will grow up to be a part of my friend, a part of her husband, and a completely new person. I've always looked up to Murph- but now I feel she's taken a step beyond me and I am looking up at her but can not quite understand the plane (geometric not aeronautic) she is now on. I thought I would be jealous, and a small part of me is, but to my surprise when I first saw that little face looking at her Mom I was as freaked out as I was awed. I am so happy for her and so proud- as if I were related to that beautiful little thing- but if the thought even comes to my head that I could be a mom soon too... I am too scared to imagine it. For now I will just be in awe of how beautifully God works it all out, Catherina is amazingly pulchritudinous.

Melody introduced me to a new song: Life is wonderful by Jason Mraz. The one phrase I love more than the others is: "it takes a moment to fall in love, but it takes years to know what love is." I don't think I can elaborate much more than that.

I've been spending a lot of time writing lately but to no avail- I still start things with an intense fervor yet hardly finish anything, patience, endurance and humility are my ever pressing trials, husband is still annoying and the love of my life at the same time. I am picking up japanese and forgetting more and more how to speak like a sane person in every day life... I am going to go play piano since I am no poet and I must do what I can. It will all work out in the end.
I have to chuckle at that though, because whenever someone says that to me imagination immediately calls to mind Revelation and the scenes Daddy painted in my head last time he taught on that book. Still, it really will all work out...


"There would be no egg without the hen, no hen without an egg... Life is wonderful."


2 comments:

KaiCeder said...

Silly bear!

Uriel said...

Thought's better to wallow in than most other things.
what the heck is pulchritudinous? Something good I hope.
I've been neglecting my Japanese...I get envious when people of equal opportunity to me make better use of it than I do. So it sounds like I'd better pick up the pace.
Jason Mraz? For some reason I thought I'd listened to him before and he was a perv. I must be mistaken. Although i'm surprised that Mel's listening to that unsanctified secular music. :-)