Women are inherently to be pitied. Built with a default setting of an easily deceived nature and equipped with antagonist chemicals that tell us we feel more than is real, to think rational what is insane, and to do what is felt or lose ourselves (yet what is felt is not real but only felt to be so) I am not surprised men cannot understand.
Yet how intolerably cruel, when we know there to be something amiss yet cannot see anything wrong with our logic and even feel acutely the accuracy of it, when man laughs and ridicules or worse gets angry at woman for her confusion!
Still, in this present day and age, there is a remedy. Just as man we are seen equally by Jesus and He has given us a dose of sanity in His Holy Spirit. To have a small voice that is real amongst the hundreds of facades that yell for attention in my head is a comfort to me- and a disgrace. To be strong is to look humiliation in the face and admit to imperfection. To see the weakness of myself, how justifiably men can mock, laugh, and hurt; to know there is yet a way to blindly walk where I cannot see a path and take confident step after step even when with every step I feel a precipice at my toes- I thank God for giving me strength and reason beyond comprehension and not subject to deception.
That making sense or not, I am encouraged that God will never let me down. Once again an answer is right in front of me and there is sanity- even though I still feel one moment like screaming for no reason and, still for no reason, crying the next moment.
And for the record, husband has learned a lot about me in these 21 months of marriage and has gone above and beyond to be patient with me this week. He even bought me roses which of course, makes me cry.
1 comment:
Bravo!
Post a Comment