We have lived in our home for almost a week. We've owned it for one day less... that is a drama that was actually a praise, God watched out for us on this one. On Wednesday last when we were supposed to close all of a sudden the underwriter was being a butt and after sitting, waiting, and making small talk with the sellers for 2 hours we were finally told that the paperwork would not be done until the next day. Husband and I went home dejected and wondering if it was all a mistake... but God knew. The next day we were up early and found out that for some reason a check was lost and we needed more paperwork and bank statements which could not go through until husband was paid... he was paid Thursday morning. So it all worked out and after a lot of paperwork and a lot of nail biting on husband's side (poor boy! He had to become a man right quick!) we finally own our house. =)
Thursday night husband and I sat in our garage and looked out at the quiet summer night... I was watching his face and I can't believe how much he has grown up. He was wearing a face of maturity and weight; I could almost see wrinkles of wisdom appear just underneath the skin... he noticed me watching and asked me what I was thinking. When I told him the boy had become a man he said "not this boy! I don't want to be so responsible." I am glad I'm not married to Peter Pan, though he might wish to be a boy for forever I am glad he is choosing to grow up. (It must be mentioned that I do love Peter Pan so I am also glad he does not want to grow up... but only as long as he chooses to do what is needed ha ha)
Well thats all I can think of. We love our place and God has blessed us immensely! It needs some SERIOUS redecorating which is fine with me, Mom and I have been brainstorming and dreaming this entire week. Husband does not so much care about the upstairs, he has the mancave (I relinquished the family room) and his garage (finally a place with all his tools! He has already been very productive with them) so I get the rest of the house to make my own...
after the baby comes...
1 comment:
Kevin's fortunate, I only have a man-corner. And Peter Pan never got to get married, all he got was the thimble.
And it IS such a nice feeling to be all moved in, congratulations to you both!
Post a Comment