Sunday, June 28, 2009

Our Family.


Margaret Anne was born June 25th, 2009 at 10:34 pm. Eventually I want to write out my birth story but in between visitors, ogling my gorgeous baby, and feedings- while trying to take baths and naps and clean up my ridiculously messy house- I haven't had time to creatively remember the horrific details for a readers pleasure. (yes- I am trying to be funny in that last part)

I will say though it has been the most beautiful experience, being a mom. God has blessed us with a big baby (though Thursday night at about 10ish I didn't really think it a blessing- I am 5'4 and she was 9lbs 4 oz and 21 inches) who nurses easily and well, sleeps often, and is possibly the most amazingly beautiful little thing in all the earth. Husband is completely entranced and if not holding her or snuggling with her he's taking pictures, kissing her, and telling her she is gorgeous. I told him yesterday I am getting jealous (though I had heard it is usually the other way around) because she is the apple of his eye now.

This morning after a feeding I wrapped her up and set her in Daddy arms so that I could go do morning things. Husband has an uncanny way of sleeping through her crying in the night but wakes up if I tell him I need help; it'll be a blessing for me and a relief to know he is getting sleep when he has to go back to work I am sure.

When I got back there they were- snuggled together, facing each other, both laying with an arm curled under their heads- and my heart nearly burst with joy. My little family is so beautiful, so knit together in love. I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am- all I can do is smile constantly and thank God every couple minutes. My heart sings like a lark; I have never felt so happy. Ever.

Life is beautiful.

2 comments:

L.C.T. said...

Oh oh oh WOW. CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is so beautiful!! Very excited for you.

- Sarah :-) said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful... and I am super jealous of your beautiful family. I can't wait to have one of my own, so for now I'll just blog stalk yours. ha ha ha

Congrats again, though. You'll be a great mom, I'm sure!