Sunday, January 17, 2010

And then there is you- pushing and cussing and smiling like a banshee, faking anything but sad- pretending you've convinced us you aren't.

As the saying goes, you've only fooled yourself- heart breaks! What must He feel for you?

Shortsighted you go unseen; not by Him. Short arms, hands that cannot reach; His are catching you. Hearts are yours, it doesn't help; He is bottling your tears.

Missing you helps no one. Loving you means nothing.
And then there is Him- prayer moves mountains; surely your pathetic little mask will be a cinch.




Pray for my BIL- at a marine base in Okinawa there is little to encourage a believer to be a light and little to relieve a lonesome heart... he is in a desert and he doesn't know he's dying of thirst... oh but I could say the same for me! How hard it is to be a mom of a teething baby, to get little sleep and lose comprehension of what life you do have outside of chores... yet I have my dear family to ease the burden and the reminder of love all around. If ever there was a need for a worm hole in the space-time continuum it would be yesteryear... when that heart sore boy needed a hug.

...or a nice kick to the balls, a slap to the face, and a stern voice saying "snap out of it!"... its a messy business for boys to become men.

Perhaps we only have prayer, but I think that may be the only tool that works in this case.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Did he write that little thing at the top or did you?

E. Chikeles said...

lol- I did. Do you think its bad?

Melody said...

Its angsty

KaiCeder said...

I like it. I don't know what Melody means by "angsty" but it feels moody to me. Cool.