Friday, February 12, 2010

Languid day antipode.

Well I thought I'd come write another since this day so drastically changed from what it started as. Starting at 3am, more specifically around 4:40am, I was losing any hope I had of it turning into a productive- much less good- day. I wrote a blog some hours after that when I was still sipping coffee and trying to wake up.

After the blog I started to clean. It was going all right when husband showed up with flowers and SEVEN DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHOCOLATE! All dark. Some with nibs. Some organic. Apparently my favorite chocolate brand Veritas is not carried by anyone in my part of the world anymore so he asked the clerk (!!!! you know a guy is trying when he asks for directions!) for some ideas on what to replace it with and got me a bunch to choose my new favorite from.
As for flowers he got me roses and Margo a rose and a daisy. And notes; I love his notes- and its my secret why.

After that the day all of a sudden cleared up. Literally. The sun came out and it warmed up to 18 degrees with a 2mph wind which is quite nice for February in the midwest so Margo, Atli and I all went on a walk around the block.

Granted, I was late to start dinner because I spilled half the soup and had to spend 10 minutes cleaning it up so husband came home before I was ready and started removing the dishwasher (we are finally replacing the heap of a nuisance) as I was trying to make dinner... but we got through the collision of manly logic versus womanly duties WITHOUT fighting and Atli graciously *helped* me clean up the soup. All in all I think it turned out to be a win-win-win situation!

Fresh air, flowers, chocolate and a sweet husband. What a day it turned out to be!


1 comment:

L.C.T. said...

That sounds so lovely. Hurrah.