Sunday, February 26, 2012

Blessed by Perspective

My pastor taught on 1 Thessalonians 5 today. It starts with '...but you know the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night...' and continues "But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief" and our pastor added we should always be watching with expectancy that our Lord could (and will) come.

It made me think though, I have a great perspective for watching and waiting with expectancy. Currently I am unpacking boxes and making my house a home again but I am leaving holes and gaps for husband to fill when he gets home. The nightstand is half full, the basement and garage are waiting for the person who knows how to rule them-I could swear my computer cries at night for missing him- I am watching and waiting expectantly for him to be home and take his place as head of our household.

How much more should I make room in my life for the Lord, waiting expectantly for Him to take His rightful place with His family around Him.

Sometimes there are moments when I understand how one can glory in tribulation- what perspective it gives one! If my husband were home and I wasn't alone I would hardly have had such an applicational understanding of our Lord coming soon.

May today be another of counting it all joy... and may that produce patience; especially for the two year old. ;)
"Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"

2 comments:

KaiCeder said...

What an awesome perspective. Thank you for blessing me with it.

rebekah said...

so good and true.