Friday, February 24, 2012

A Date

My hair is dirty and uncurled.
My jeans have banana smeared on them with baby and toddler prints.
But I am at the local bookstore chain with coffee and a mammoth chocolate muffin ALONE.
It. Is. Fantastic.

I am losing it at home. Losing sanity, losing control... It is disheartening and a little scary because I thought I know the answers and the truth and what to fall back on but at 7am when I've already heard 'why' and 'no' half a dozen times each and the battle is just beginning for if throwing a fit will get the toddler what she wants... And it's just me the rest of the day... The rest of the week...

I am so thankful to have this time alone. Just me.

But now I'll be inviting Jesus. Lord willing He'll set me straight and give me some sanity to take home to the why and the no waiting for me.

No comments: