Friday, May 11, 2012

Lost

This month:
My baby carrier
My engagement ring (for only a week and then I found it)
The dog's leash
My temper (often)
My baby baby (replaced by a tantrum throwing, crawling and standing, signing, toothy toddler baby all of a sudden) See:
Lots of sleep
A few more pounds (good thing! Officially less than when I got preggo with Ellaine!! 70+ lbs in 10 mos!)
A weekend with my husband... because of faulty paperwork and lazy superiors. :(



Of all those, my baby carrier is the most devasting. My heart drops everytime I think of it gone... It was my right hand man and my extra set of arms; the comfort for both my girls when they needed extra mommy time mommy couldn't give them. So cute and handy and custom made for me by a friend.




After the first week of husband gone it got back to a normal pace. Now it is just battling spring colds and mommy trying to be diligent and wise with my time rather than selfish and uselessly wasting hours on the internet.

I have been thinking, since I have become very absent minded and have been misplacing or breaking things (like my iPhone!) very valuable to me, that it doesn't really make something more valuable if you appreciate it when you have it (rather than appreciating it once it's gone as the saying goes)... it only makes you miss it more.

When one is tired it is hard to muster up energy to be thankful. But there is a lot to be thankful for- and at 5 am as I snuggled my two VERY crabby NOT sleeping kids I thanked God profusely that I could hold such dear treasures in my lap... and then I laughed because I unwisely closed my eyes when I prayed and Margo started poking Ella in the face as soon as Mommy wasn't paying attention.

She is very honest about picking on her sister at least. Yesterday I asked her why Ella was crying and she said "because I hit her". :) Today she snuck behind my desk so she could go in the back and pull out a screw driver and poke her sister with it; but she is also very helpful in comforting Ella so I guess it evens out in the end.

Life is full and busy and I am not near enough for it but I like it. Hoping hoping hoping husband will be coming home soon, though that will start a whole new round of trials. :)

How I wear my hair a lot these days. 
Husband and I LATE on one of the three nights we had with him two weeks ago. Taken by white out camera phone (no I'm not THAT white, maybe).



I gained a new niece! The girls were both ENAMORED with her. :)


1 comment:

Erin Fisher said...

Beautiful pictures, Beth. God is doing a beautiful work in your life and He loves you very much. :)