We were sitting in the living room where we have lived, laughed and loved- ever the same in that one place where we can be ourselves the way we've always been underneath the masks we wear for the world. The boys were being boys in the yard, our husbands were waiting at home, there was school years passed and upcoming, new life to be made; but we drank tea under a canopy of leaves and bugs pretending nothing has changed at all. Awkward teens have become beautiful women, mother, and innocence exchanged for experience in many ways... but we laughed at the simple things as we sat in the living room... just living.
In this world of many circles of believes, loves and lives I imagine we will continue to go our separate ways in likes and dislikes, humor, schedule and family. Still, we will always be connected through that one circle that will never break and no matter what we will always find love there. Though our thoughts and hearts can change towards Him, He never will change and someday-in life or death- He will bring us back again to love simply and laugh boisterously about nothing and everything; pure undefiled enjoyment of what He created for us. I look forward to the next time... next week, next year, who am I to prophesy? It gives me comfort as I leave you knowing the moments we had will never be had again, but new ones can be made for better or worse without worry.
Refreshed and sad I drove through the countryside of history and the city of memories to the city of my future, the place I call home. Like the scent of an oncoming storm envelops your senses in the summer, so sadness was a mist around me as I let moments in time play unchecked in my head and drove on and on. Sometimes, though, storms threaten but never come and so the mist dispersed as I thought of Him and His unpredictable ways, of the future I can not imagine He has for me. Through life and death, the changes all around me and the home I love so much growing farther and farther away as I leave the past, He will be there.
Step 2: Trust Jesus and Embrace Future
No comments:
Post a Comment