That aside, it has been interesting every week to see who gives and who does not. It is usually a blessing to be surprised but I realized today that whenever I am blessed by seeing someone's name on a check it isn't because I know they are serving our Lord in a most loving way in these monetarily difficult times we live in, but instead I think they are supporting our church and that blesses me.
Good as it maybe that the body is united in serving in this way, that the church supports each other, I am wondering if what I've been thinking is wrong. I know in the old and new testament prophets and apostles alike asked the church to support them and each other so when I see that happening I suppose it is not against scripture to be blessed, but at the same time tithing is an intimate way of worshiping God- a private thing that really has nothing to do with the church.
I am not sure either is wrong. I think they are both right. When the body is united it blesses the Lord and when people privately worship Him through their pocket books He is blessed. So either way when I deposit the tithes every week I can be blessed; by worship of the One I love and of the uniting of hearts and means in serving Him. Only, Lord keep me from making one above the other and making it a religion or a scale!
Well that was an interesting discussion.
1 comment:
I think you're right.
Post a Comment