Monday, May 4, 2009

Thoughts and Updates... and Pictures.


It is a disconcerting thing to meet someone for the first time and they tell you they recognize you from your blog. All of a sudden there is a weight of responsibility- one easily forgotten in the faceless world of cyberland- to not let a careless word be writ or a random thought thrown to words without care. Even when you encounter no one you can still be a witness for Christ... sadly a few months ago I angrily posted a poem full of raw emotion and spiritually untempered thoughts and it so happened that someone from Australia commented on it... what a terrible way to realize you are not being a witness! Yet I do not want filtered thoughts alone posted here on my online diary- I think it is just as bad of witness to pretend you do not struggle as to allow venting without struggle for righteousness, perhaps worse! No human on earth is perfect, it is the opposite of what Jesus has for us... we would not need grace if we were!

It seems to me that paragraph is a... well I am thinking of a g-word but the only one that is coming to mind is geographical... ah! I mean to say I think that paragraph a grammatical mess of thought but in my present state of waning mental ability I am unable to revise it. For example, when I first wrote 'meet' in the first sentence something shouted to me that it should be 'meat' and thus followed a few seconds of utter confusion before my daughter lent me some of the brain cells she is stealing from me.

But onto the update.

So far, no house! We are still waiting for a yes or no to our offer... unfortunately we had to change some things on the offer and as I was out of town and my husband was being forgetful we might have lost our window of opportunity to beat out another offer on the house... yet, the Lord's will be done! I am calm, all things considered, but emotionally it is starting to show in my dependence on constant affection from husband (poor man, they usually don't understand that kind of thing...) and the constant nagging desire in my head to set up my baby room and get ready. All will work out I know, patience.

Patience, I think, is much easier come by when paired with Starbucks.

This past weekend I was in Chicago (wowie, nothing is as uncomfortable... so far... as traveling 16-20 hours in a car in one weekend while being 34 weeks preggo!) for a bridal shower for
Melody. It went well, very well, thank God! My Aunt and I got to take a picture too- one to compliment a picture we took about 19 years ago... here they are for your amusement. =)


PS- I was not wearing much makeup and it was 11pm... vanity cringes at this picture.
Oh and she really isn't pregnant in the second picture- its a balloon.

3 comments:

L.C.T. said...

I wonder a similar thing sometimes. Should I be a more overt witness on my blog? I barely blog about spiritual things but they're always on my mind.

Uriel said...

Australia? wow.
I agree with you about the necessity for honesty - it's not a "witness" if it's fake. It would be a "show", and from the gospels I'd say Jesus doesn't like show.

Although sometimes I wonder myself about how much should be publicized...

Have mercy on Kevin, husbands reserve the right to forget, just as wives exercise the right to remind.

KaiCeder said...

I agree with Judah, continue to show Kevin mercy. Guys, most of the good ones anyway, do learn from their...hmm, poor timing. I know how hard it was on your dad that we weren't moved in by the time you were born. I remember walking around the house and boxes and having to unpack after a c-section when you were ten days old. There were times I walked from room to room just crying. BUT, up until this moment I didn't remember all of those details because the ones that come to the forefront of my mind and memory are of holding you and cuddling you etc. The rest, the moving and all, are just another funny story in our stockpile of funny events.