I love my parents! I think I wanted to be a mom more because my mother was such a good one then anything else... I hate to tell you but I think you were short changed on parents, unless you're my sister (or brother who will never see this anyway), because I have the best!
The last couple days they have been staying with me and I've been blessed to have a break from responsibility. I LOVE mommyhood, but going to bed late, getting up at night with the babe, getting up early in the morning to make coffee and breakfast for husband and then filling the day with all that needs to be done (or finding jobs to keep busy and not be lazy) can really take a toll. Yesterday I took a 2 hour nap, went to church and sat through THE ENTIRE WORSHIP AND SERVICE!! That hasn't happened in over 9 months- I needed it! Today they are gone, but not before laughs and helping with dishes and laundry and most of all playing with baby and puppy (who they both agree is the most work of the two).
The best thing about my parents, which if anything I strive to grasp hold of, is their giving hearts. They take "it is more blessed to give then to receive" to a fault, always giving and feeling blessed to give. When they do receive they are more thankful then the gift warranted, vocalizing their thanks profusely.
Yet, I guess that is only a reflection of the ABSOLUTE best thing about them- they love Jesus as their Savior with all their heart. It makes me love Him more, sing praises and thank Him for the work He has done, to see His love in their lives so vividly.
Mom blogs here and Dad (who was a pastor until recently but obviously still has such a heart) blogs here.
Lord make me such a parent!
2 comments:
Thank you, Bethy-boo. One thing though, you also have a brother. Lol. Did he not have the same parents? Lol!
no, its that he doesn't read my blog...
Post a Comment