Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's a good day to be a mom.


I love my daughter.
She has started wrestling with me in the mornings or after a nap. She'll crawl all over me and then just start to hug or open mouth kiss-baby kisses are so innocent and slobbery- and giggle with her eyes smiling big. Yes her eyes smile, really. They go from regular marble-ish shaped eyes to domed ones with wrinkles perfectly placed underneath so that a spell is put on everyone who looks at her; I have yet to see someone who can resist smiling when they see her smiling eyes. But dome and wrinkle are not two words that really appeal to the idea of a cute little girly face... ah well.

Today we spent a good chunk of our day cleaning out Daddy's car. He is away for the weekend at drill (the army makes drill weekends long these days "getting ready to deploy" but they've been saying that for a year...) and I found all the possible ways to keep a baby happy while vacuuming out a vehicle. Need I say I am exhausted? Its good to be tired out from a hard days work; moreover to have an accomplishment to look back on.

Otherwise husband and I are doing well and I have been increasing prayer and Bible time. Oh what rotten things we are if left to ourselves! How quickly we spoil without our Preserver. (...I've been working on my garden beginnings and thinking about composting so maybe thats where that analogy comes from...)

Anyway. Thanks for prayers and for reading! Ah drama, I had hoped I left you behind.

Oh yeah!! I very nearly forgot! My sister is finally(I've known awhile now!) announcing her pregnancy. She is only 6 weeks, but that is 6 weeks of a miracle in both her heart and body. The former because she is an adventurer (remember the blog I wrote about how she doesn't think it much of an adventure to be a mom?) and the latter because she has had some medical issues and radiation treatment that we prayed would not harm the repo system. God is good! I am 85% sure it is twins- she is much taller then me yet started showing (erhm, I mean, according to her, she was "bloated") at 3 weeks- but she hates it when I say that (sorry Emmy). That and we are both hoping to have them since our Dad is an identical and fraternal runs in the family.
This is a picture of us hiking at her house last week- she lives in the boondogs of MN and it was raining but we had to get outside! It was foggy and a very poetic day. Man we are soooooo white!

Praise the Lord! He has rained blessings down on me and shown me forgiveness and, what is most precious of all, given me the peace of His grace this week. May He do the same and more for you!
P.S. this is my latest advance in learning Japanese! Ha ha, I actually haven't been studying at all, other then the few words I've been learning with Margo like Tamago and Kanojo (tho that one is misspelled)... and I learned how to write my name. Which I don't know how to type it but you say it Erizabesu. :) Give me another 20 years or so...

5 comments:

brandyivy said...

Yeah, very exciting to hear of Mel's news!! Miss you guys a lot.

Melody said...

Beth...dear Bethers. Need I explain to you the impossibility of "showing" at under 6 weeks? It has to do with the placing of the uterus behind the pelvic bone until a certain stage has been reached. Plus, with under six weeks (meaning even less time from conception) the baby is only 2mm long. Believe me, I have researched it. Plus, I am back down to my skinny jeans now. I will wear them until i truly start showing!
Thanks.

E. Chikeles said...

:) yup. :)

Melody said...

Shut up, look it up, read about it, you can live in ignorance if you want to and be smug about it but I am telling you the truth...

E. Chikeles said...

:) yup :)
oh dear, I'm just giving you a hard time... you're making it so easy! ha ha