Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I have only a moment but I feel like writing. Before I had baby I used to write all the time- it was a favorite occupation to go to the park and write thoughts and fiction until my hand cramped... nothing you will ever see you can be sure. Alas- I've traded it in for writing updates about my gorgeous baby... sort of like trading my parking lot for paradise. =)


Margo is learning to sit up by herself! She is also getting very annoyed at the lay in one place thing. Rolling over does not interest her and I haven't seen her do it since the second time a couple weeks ago however she does flail her limbs to the point of nearly moving forward... I give it a month. She was sick these past couple days- the worst part was the annoyed screeching! I have been blessed though, I don't think her fever reached 101 and she spit up a lot but fought it off with tenacity. The baby who gave it to her was not as fortunate to conquer it so quickly...

Yesterday I was thinking about heaven and the things that are valuable in this life. Often do I dwell on memories and I've put a high value on them but when you think of it, pleasant memories of times with family and friends are not something God puts a high value on... they are very perishable and won't be in heaven. Things that last for forever, like salvation or working out virtues such as patience, do last for forever and never die. The only analogy I could think of at the time was buying whole foods and real cheese- they perish quickly and cost a lot- compared to processed cheese which lasts for forever (and will probably still not be moldy when you die and go to heaven, though I doubt it will be there too). So really, the important things in life are more like processed cheese then healthy food.

I think I'm spending too much time in the kitchen.

Ah well. Matta ne.

2 comments:

Uriel said...

Ewww.
I think memories will be in heaven. Good ones.

Uriel said...

The ewww was for processed cheese. I just realized that most of my comments have been critical - sorry.