Geez Louise! Christmas comes earlier and earlier every year. To me though it is just an excuse to visit family- the holiday itself is mostly pagan; we don't even have a tree.
This last week was spent in Canada with my parents and it

was my first trip there. I find it rather amusing that I live in Minnesota and have been to 4 other countries half way around the world but have never been to the country that borders my state until this past week. Margo on the other hand is a well traveled baby and has only to travel by space ship to complete her repertoire of different vehicle transportation. She does well, thank God, on all of them.

Canada was very fun. Niagara falls was my favorite since it is not only an amazing site but it was flooded with Japanese people. I never liked tourists so very much... I tried not to be a creeper as I listened in on conversations trying to pick up a word or two here or there; I think, however, it was an epic fail.
Otherwise the nights of Scrabble, Boggle, Poker, Risk, and Halo 1 playing were a natural joy. My family is so very competitive and we love our games! Though if you were new to our style of playing you would hardly think so- we complain and bicker (all in sport and good natured to be sure) more than we play sometimes. They were fun memories to make. (PS- I stole these pictures from my mother's facebook- my parents with my Margo and l-r husband, Margo, Me, my brother, sister's husband, and sister)
In other news I think my daughter has a possessed toy. I swear it hardly ever works unless I am cleaning up during a nap and then suddenly it plays loudly without a way to shut it off....
Speaking of naps I must end though I really would rather stay and talk about all the things going through my head... or at least organize and doll up the miscellaneous thoughts I've recorded here but alas the life of a Mom seems to be too full of unwashed dishes and unfolded clothes for writing. Smile, yet I do love it ever so much!
1 comment:
We sure enjoyed our time with you guys last week.
Post a Comment