Thursday, June 3, 2010

Standing in my kitchen thinking... husband is working late, perhaps pulling an all-nighter, unexpectedly so I suddenly have undistracted time on my hands.


Margo went right down tonight. I've been sticking to my guns (see picture haha) and making her cry it out or cry for awhile and then just standing in there. Surprisingly standing over her crib has been working more then anything else... I think its a combination of letting her CIO for a bit (so she knows she's stuck going to bed), the fact that I pray over her when I stand there, and that Daddy has really been engaging lately and has started helping me (regularly, not just once in a month when I've reaching my limit) put her to sleep and she respects him. Really there is something amazing to be said for prayer and the role of a Daddy in a household.

It has been a beautiful thing to watch the Daddy and daughter relationship blossom. Husband works long hours and is not the kind of guy to get out of bed 20 minutes before he has to be out the door so for a long time Margo has not seen her Daddy much and it has shown. When we flew to Florida the plane ride was torture- he tried to help, really, but he just didn't have the experience. Since then things have changed (and to be truthful they were starting to change before that, I think a lot of it is the age she is at now too) and now M. starts getting really really crabby at about 5pm but as soon as Daddy is home her face lights up and ALL her toys are interesting as long as he is there playing with her, or suddenly she wants to giggle, sing, or eat the dinner he is eating... super cute but a tad annoying to my jealous nature; I mean I do do all the dirty jobs (which lately has a lot of do-do hahaha ((that mom joke was for you Mom))) and then the hard ones, like eating and sleeping, are so easy for him because he is the new favorite person. But that is just a tiny part of me; mostly I think it is adorable and about darn time. :)



Funny how I used to have big (well they seemed big to me) thoughts and important emotional or spiritual (again, important to me) things to write about, and some of them turned out interesting, but now no matter what I come here to write it always turns into something about my family and completely about my daughter and motherhood. Ah well, if its another phase it has to be the best one yet... it can hardly get boring- I just start to get the hang of it and everything changes again- so I think the 'phase' will last me awhile.

No comments: