Saturday, June 5, 2010

What would it be like to live outside of time?

A dear friend is getting married today. I am happy for her and excited- she was a die hard for singleness, one of the three girls (including my sister who is preggo and another girl who still swears to this) who didn't understand why the other girls would throw themselves under the bus so to speak... though that is my description, not theirs. Now, she is amazingly happy and in love. What a world has opened for her.

Still, part of my heart is really sad and I think I understand why my friends were a bit against my marriage (if mostly secretly, I was the first of the group to be married)... her husband-to-be hails from California so in just a few short hours she'll be his and together in a few days they'll be off... how sad it is to lose a friend! Thankfully, its not really a loss; more like storing her away in a file cabinet for later use, or in this case in California.

Today I lose a friend but not a friendship.
Today a girl gives her heart and life to a boy... what a beautiful thing.
May God bless the marriage and the ceremony- Lord please let it be a witness of your love for us as Your bride, break open the hearts that our attached to her but not to you Lord, and bless this day as the day of something beautiful that will shine for Your glory! And Lord... please hold back the rain!

3 comments:

KaiCeder said...

Hey! This one wasn't about Margo! Ha ha. Well said.

Uriel said...

Yeah, but it's still girl stuff.

rebekah said...

oh friend! i so love you!