Ok I lied- I have been very very overwhelmed this week.
In fact, I had a major break down when my phone (it's supposed to be "smart", perhaps too smart for me) started doing wacky stuff and it ended with my husband mad at me, my daughter witnessing bad behavior, and me crying, blubbering, and yes, swearing (I hate it but somehow I have this bad habit of swearing! Even when I try not too they'll just pop out as if something inside me wants me to keep my bad habits...) in the kitchen, all of us piled together in a big mess of "what the heck should we do with her?"
Then today Margo was sick and it turns out feeling obnoxiously sorry for yourself is inherited (her Daddy does that every time he is sick and I give her the example of emotionally expressing it) since though she only has a fever off and on, a hayfever like runny nose and consequently a slight cough, she has literally been INCONSOLABLE on several occasions.
Enter a 180 to my narrative.
Tonight, Daddy came home, scooped up little Margo and went out for two hours of eating pizza and hanging with a friend of ours while Mommy had alone time at home. I cannot tell you how welcome the break was! Nor how torn I am between jealousy, bitterness, thankfulness and awe that she was a little angel (this I witnessed via facetime) while gone, showing no signs of illness, but imediately relapsed into whine mode when she came home to Momma... not to mention throwing her first little tantrum with Daddy when Momma got on facetime with them while at the pizza place. Oh dear.
The little break (made better by exhausted toddler going right to sleep upon returning home) has given me time to clean my house and rearrange my mind. Sometimes I feel I am so busy, and getting even more busy, that on my short respites I waste time on facebook, etc. because I am too busy to take a real break and reset. Too busy to rest means using rest times poorly and thus making myself more busy; it's a truly cruel circle.
SO.
I am thanking God tonight for His kindness to me in
-not killing me through the last two horrible weeks of whining, grumbling, breakdowns, and losing my temper with Margo
-giving me a break tonight
-moreover, putting it in the usually "its the weekend and I need time to be selfish, what I have a family?" husband's mind to come home from work and bless his wife with potentially more work (that may sound harsh but usually until about 3-4 on a Saturday he mostly does his own thing... though last weekend and this weekend he has been awfully nice and unselfish about his Friday nights!)
-for patience when I have none, for me and for my sweet little bugger who tests every ounce
That is as much as I can muster in regards to anything worth writing about.
I have soooooo much to do in the next two months (not the least of which is finding a name for our little bean!) but tonight I am relishing the very very quiet house and feeling quite spoiled. :)
1 comment:
Good for you on getting the break you needed. DOn't stress... everything WILL get done. It doesn't all have to be done at once, but it WILL definitely get done.
As for picking a name, just wait until you meet her. It'll take the pressure off for now.
Okay - so if you're anything like me, then you probably didn't want advice. Sorry... But I want you to think positively, girl! :-D
Post a Comment