Back then it stuck in my head as a picture of the love I wanted someday.
Perhaps my eyes may project wistfulness, yet its amusing and a bit endearing (in an almost childlike way) to think my husband probably does not remember a single song we had at our wedding. Still, as I stood at the sink washing dishes just now listening to my parents love song and thinking about my marriage my dear little baby squealed at a joke she had with her hands just then (who knows what they tell her but she is certainly entertained enough to not take naps) and suddenly the arguments we've had and the disappointments that have piled up (and sometimes, to my chagrin, been neatly cataloged for future reference in a pathetic library of failures) all disappeared and it is all worth it. Husband and I have our ups and downs as everyone does, but all of it is a pale grey edged with pink- like a sunrise- when I think of the blessing of our Margo.
Ah, but dishes call. Sigh- I enjoy cold rainy days like today more than any other kind of day- but chores do not do themselves so I can sit and type my heart out. Good thing I love my job! =)
2 comments:
You'll have lot's of these moments in your marriage. Even when you're married 25 plus years. Dad didn't start out romantic and great all at once, he evolved into it. What you and Melody are seeing and comparing your husbands to is twenty five years of hard training! Lol.
How do you know he doesn't remember any of them? I'll bet he can.
Post a Comment