It was a beautiful morning this morning- I had family all around me.
Husband and I went on a date last night to the good 'ol B&N (we almost spent half the date in the comic book and manga section but thankfully babysitter Oma called and disrupted the trance) and we spent a good hour just talking about things. It was beyond really nice to have my husbands full attention and an undistracted conversation for more that a couple minutes- as well as a mocha to ease the tension of some unavoidable subjects we've been avoiding. After that we went home to play RISK, an all time favorite family game (though my new BIL says we are way too competitive, right before he broke an alliance and bludgeoned himself through the Americas, Europe and after he took two people out I thought it best to just hand him the victory) with my sister and her husband. I also came home to a cleaner house (Oma's do make the best babysitters I am sure) so to wake up this morning and make breakfast for everyone was actually quite fun. Pancakes and mochas- what could be better?
I will miss my mother. It is a blessing to have her here, fun to tease and talk to her, and nice to have someone else to give the baby to... sometimes I think Margo gets bored with me; and sometimes I am short on energy to entertain her.
Otherwise, it is a beautiful and chilly day in the midwest. The trees were subject to an early winter snowfall last week so the fall colors are stunted by prematurely dead leaves; when they die on their own they go slowly in magnificent vibrant colors but when the leaves are murdered by the cold they are brown and lifeless. Still- the sky is never bluer then on a chilly fall day. Makes me want a good grass stained, laughter filled, cold numbed hands game of football and a warm bowl of chili.
What a beautiful day.
4 comments:
good to read as always. your last paragraph makes me miss coming over to your house when we were little to eat chili and play. keep writing... your good. love.
Ah- I miss you!! We need to have a girls night sometime! Thanks for the encouragement Rex.
What's a BIL?
What mangas are you reading now?
The cold in MN is indeed murderous. I remember the poor brown leaves, they're usually so shocked at their own murder they forget to fall off and just hang there brown and wrinkled all winter. Sad.
BIL= brother in law
We're reading Shippudden and Bleach, but I was looking at Fruits Basket. None of which I would recommend because of the Japanese sexual humor....
Poor leaves. A lot of our trees are like that this year.
Post a Comment