Just read a blog by a mom who gave up a career; hmmmm...
Today I watched my daughter try to roll over- it was exhilarating. She talked to herself, making the fun new noises in her throat and smiling at them, then suddenly she'd arch her back and throw her head back to the side, digging her face into the bedspread. I held my breathe expectantly but just as her fat little legs started to kick in an effort to get her body over her shoulder, which was acting as an anchor in an anti-productive way, she would give up and go back to the noises in her throat which were much less work and slightly more entertaining. Each and every time it felt like I was a kid waiting for a birthday gift in the mail- all day looking forward to the mail but when no gift comes it is almost depressing to look forward to tomorrow. Ah, anticipation. Who would've thought rolling over could entertain two people so very much?
On the other hand, I do have to say if I regret anything about being a mom it is my body losing whatever natural beauty it once had. I've traded it for the much more real beauty of motherhood- and occasionally a glow I know only I as a proud mom of a beautiful baby get to wear- yet I still miss my backend easily slipping into a single digit pair of pants or wearing whatever shirt I pleased because flat stomach's are not something to hide; carnal beauty, no matter what I try to tell myself, is still worth something in the end.
Tootles.
2 comments:
I can understand that and I can't. I really want kids but a part of me would love to keep a career part-time. Btw, your daughter IS gorgeous! And I also love the picture at the bottom of your blog.
Oh wow - I was seriously sitting here like I was watching an action movie waiting to hear that she did roll over!! See? This is why I can't wait to be a mom!
And yes, Chuck is still on, though the new season hasn't started yet. But it's still one of those shows I HAVE to watch!
Post a Comment